Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Villainous

I had already finished mourning
By the time I pushed you into seeing
Carrion of our relationship
Your eyes were closed while you marched on
"Obligation equals love"
The flag waving at your back
I tried to pull you off your flat cement circle
Tugged at your hand to join my adventure
Wild winding trails into the unknown
You wouldn't
Didn't try to understand
So I bubbled silently with pain
Like an overfilled water balloon
Until it burst out of me all at once
We'd have that same talk for the sixtieth time
All your lip service to repairs that never came
Measuring effort in performing duty
Never in connection
Never affection
Somehow you thought time alone would fill
Gaping chasms between us
Now you've been pushed into action
Finally conjured emotion
Boiling in anger
Stoked by the voices in your ear
I'm painted as the villain of your lifetime
You're defending against me
Shields and swords
But all I want from you is to cut this cord
So we can both be unburdened
Light in the air of a new season

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parched

 My love your love Acid Rain Pouring down on me I raised my face Drink it in Burning My eyes my throat So parched Thirsty for any Drop